Project Coordinator– Full-time
We are currently looking for a Project Coordinator to join our team. This candidate must have residential construction process knowledge, solid communication, time management skills, initiative, attention to detail and organizational abilities. Your skills should include preparation of material and labor take-offs, and knowledge of vendor pricing. Previous experience with estimating software and take-offs would be beneficial.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities :
• Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent, where applicable, in the day to day duties of a project’s administration.
• Working closely under the guidance and direction of the Assistant Project Manager and Assistant Superintendent, learn Design-Spec Building Group systems and methods.
• Assist in plan and spec analysis in order to provide clear, trackable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawing for construction.
• Research and recommend solutions to design document problems, including conflicts, interferences and errors/omissions.
• Act as liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawings and related information.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (RFI, Vendor/Subcontractor, Purchase, and Owner etc.), track responses and advice the Project Manager and Superintendent of the status of RFIs.
• Obtain quotations for Notices of Change.
• Maintain and update the Shop Drawing Log, review Shop Drawings and submittals.
• Coordinate submittals and procure all close-out documents including warranties and Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
• Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
• Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents.
• Assist with the research and preparation of field change request to resolve designs to resolve design issues. Conduct quality control activities in accordance with instructions, inspection programs, using specified control measuring and testing equipment.
• Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work as required.
• Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and create of RFIs, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements, and maintain project expediting list.
• Attend project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as requested or required.
• Coordinate periodic job-related photographs for records.
• Present oneself as a candidate for promotion by learning and understanding construction methods and developing good construction management skills.
• Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by supervision.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
• Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training plus a minimum of two years construction experience.
• Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
• A basic understanding of Primavera is an asset.
• Proficiency in department’s computer system, department software, and typing necessary.
• Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others. Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Owner, Architect, related project staff and the community.